Join United for Peace and Justice coalition, of which WRL is a member group, in a Million Doors for Peace on Saturday, September 20.
1 million doors. 1 million conversations. 1 million voters.
Be one of the 25,000 peace activists to knock on a Million Doors for Peace on Saturday, September 20.
United For Peace and Justice is joining with other major national organizations and scores of local groups across the country to send a message to Congress: End the war in Iraq, bring all our troops home, and start investing in our country's future!
We have marched in massive numbers, but now we are using a new model for organizing a movement with long-term staying power at the grassroots level.
On Saturday, September 20, in all fifty states, we will knock on a million doors to:
- Talk to our neighbors about the war and its costs to our communities
- Ask that they sign a petition to Congress that calls for an end to the war
- Discuss what we can do in this important election year to build up the antiwar movement in our own neighborhoods
When you sign-up at milliondoorsforpeace.org, you will get:
- 40 names of registered voters in your zip code
- Hand-outs and petitions
- Talking points and tips for effective door-knocking
In some areas, peace and justice groups will be hosting a gathering of volunteers for a brief training and to pair up volunteers who prefer to canvass in a team. If this is being organized in your direct or nearby area, you will receive a Million Doors for Peace email with the meet-up information.
Help us take the next step in building the antiwar movement! September 20 is the day to engage one-on-one with our neighbors to strengthen the movement to end the war. Sign-up right now at the Million Doors for Peace website.