MAKE A NONVIOLENT WORLD YOUR LEGACY
How To Make a Bequest
We appreciate your support for our current work. Beyond that, a bequest to WRL helps us plan for and increase the possibilities for our future work organizing, educating, and resisting to end all forms of war and militarism. Making a bequest is a special opportunity to show your long-term commitment to WRL's work and leave behind a meaningful legacy.
The various ways you can provide for WRL in the future are described briefly below. We recommend that you consult with your attorney or tax advisor for the many tax benefits and restrictions that may apply to your specific situation. Please contact WRL's Development & Membership Coordinator at emma [at] warresisters.org for additional information and a prompt response to questions you or your advisor have, and thank you for making WRL part of your legacy.
WRL accepts bequests of stock and securities, cash, mutual fund shares, retirement plan assets, life insurance benefits, IRAs, adn 401K plans. If you are interested in other forms of giving, such as living trusts or remainder trusts, please contact Emma Burke.
WRL's tax ID number is 13-5471808
Language of Bequests
- A specific bequest of a stated dollar amount or specific securities:
- I give to the War Resisters League, located at 168 Canal Street, Suite 600, New York, NY 10013, the sum of dollars (or describe the specific property or security you intend to give).
- A residual bequest that grants the residue, or portion of the residue, of your estate to the WRL after explicit bequests have been made:
- I give to the War Resisters League, located at 168 Canal Street, Suite 600, New York, NY 10013, all (or %) of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, both real and personal property of whatever kind and wheresoever situated.
- A contingent bequest in case one or more of your bequests cannot be fulfilled:
- If any of the above-named beneficiaries should predecease me, I hereby give his/her/their share of my estate to the War Resisters League, located at 168 Canal Street, Suite 600, New York, NY 10013.
- If you believe your estate will be subject to federal or state taxes, you can make a tax-deductible bequest to WRL through our fiscal sponsor, the A.J. Muste Memorial Institute:
- I give to the A.J. Muste Memorial Institute, located at 168 Canal Street, Suite 600, New York, NY 10013, for support of the War Resisters League, the sum of dollars (or describe the specific property or security you intend to give).
The War Resisters League affirms that all war is a crime against humanity. We are therefore determined not to support any kind of war, international or civil, and to strive nonviolently for the removal of all causes of war, including racism, sexism, and all forms of human exploitation.