90 Years of Revolutionary Nonviolence: WRL Perpetual Calendar
This beautiful wall calendar can be used year after year since it doesn’t match dates and days. It includes an event related to WRL and nonviolence for each day, with a line to add your own reminders of birthdays, etc. You can fill it in for this year or simply use the calendar for the events, images, and historical information.
Two pages for each month means 24 images of the WRL’s first 90 years. These include historical posters and artwork, new art, and photographs. There are also 24 smaller images that highlight WRL’s involvement in larger nonviolent movements.
Included among the many people, actions and events chronicled in this calendar are:
- Opposition to World War II
- 1947 Journey of Reconciliation
- 1955 Civil Defense Drill
- 1963 March on Washington
- Collage of Draft card burnings – by men and women
- Continental Walk for Disarmament and Social Justice
- Posters from May Day 1971, Seneca Women’s Encampment by Vera B. Williams,
- Peace Cranes by Erica Weiss
- “Stop Militarism In Our Schools!” by Peg Averill
- Chilean arpillaras of nonviolent protests
and much more!
Size: 8 x 10.5 folded, 8 x 21 opened
Spiral bound wall calendar