April 29th, 2021
We are relieved to share that Mumia Abu-Jamal— journalist, author, and WRL Peace Awardee— is recovering from heart surgery and that, thanks to continued pressure, he was able to speak with his wife Wadiya after the operation.
But, we need to keep the pressure on. Mumia's doctors remain very concerned about his treatment in the prison. He should be released immediately so that he can be properly taken care of.
Please continue to call, email, tweet, fax the people below and let them know that freedom is the only treatment. Details below.
War Resisters League
Here are the current calls to action for Mumia (ID=AM8335):
1) Mumia must not be shackled to his hospital bed during his recovery.
2) Let Mumia speak with his family at length and regularly.
3) Let Mumia speak directly with his physician Dr. Ricardo Alvarez.
4) Let Mumia speak with his spiritual advisor Dr. Mark Taylor.
5) Provide the appropriate rehabilitation plan for his recovery.
Here is the contact info:
PA DOC, Deputy Secretary for Administration of Healthcare
Phone: 717-728-4122 or 717-728-2573 Ext 5
SCI Mahanoy Superintendent, Bernadette Mason
Governor of PA, Tom Wolf
Phone: 717-787-2500 ext. 3.
Email: Brunelle.Michael [at] gmail.com