Down to endorse the War Resisters League's campaign?
DHS: Demilitarize Health and Security
A Campaign to End the Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI)
The Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI) is a $500 million grant program from the Department of Homeland Security (the original DHS). UASI strengthens and unifies state repression of all our communities- let's end it!
1. Challenge U.S. militarism by dismantling police power in our communities & internationally.
2. End the Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI), a Department of Homeland Security grant program.
3. Communities define priorities for public safety and emergency preparedness.
1. We demand city and state governments publicly report all collaborations with the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, such as weapons transfers, information and resource sharing, and training (e.g., SWAT).
2. We demand city, state, and federal police agencies in the U.S. end all collaboration with the police, military, and intelligence agencies of other repressive states (e.g., Israel, the Philippines, etc.).
3. We call on U.S. cities to reject all U.S. wars and occupations.
1. We demand the federal government repeal UASI.
2. We demand city and state agencies permanently withdraw participation in UASI programs.
3. We demand participating city and state governments end all existing and pending contracts with UASI.
4. We call on non-participating urban areas to commit to non-compliance with UASI.
5. We demand private companies end existing and pending contracts with UASI programs.
1. We demand city, state, and the federal government shift resources from policing and militarization toward community-based programs that promote common well-being and reduce harm.
2. We demand emergency response agencies center care and community wellness, not repression and militarization, in their life-saving work.
3. We call on each other to build on existing resistance to state violence and repression, and in doing so to create and strengthen healthy, resilient, and self-determining communities.
Support imagining a world where we get to decide how to take care of one another. Lift up community wellness, resilience, and safety. Together we can Demilitarize Health & Security!